Social media continues to advance with new platforms and marketing methods developing rapidly. How can a busy business owner choose the right way to effectively promote their business? There are solid strategies entrepreneurs can use to elevate their profile and increase sales. Review our tips to get started.
Why Use Social Media?
Social media isn’t all about sales. There are solid reasons to market your business directly to customers. They include:
- Increase Website Traffic and Search Ranking You don’t have to be an SEO (Search Engine Optimization) expert to elevate your profile online. The Google algorithm is always improving to eliminate spam websites and rank legitimate ones. A social media presence can positively influence your search ranking.
Tips to Get Started
- Get to Know Your Audience When you started your company, you had a target customer in mind. If you offer products or services to a specific demographic, (like parents, millennials, locals, women, etc.) that’s who you should engage with on social media. Take a look at your business plan to nail down the audience you want to reach and target your content to them.
Define Your Plan
- Goals What do you hope to achieve? Brand awareness, lead generation and customer engagement are just a few goals you can consider when nailing down your strategy.
- Audit You can get tons of information and ideas by looking at big brand websites along with competitors. See what content they’re producing and how followers are interacting. What’s working and what isn’t? This information can help craft your unique strategy.
Create Your Content
- Quality over Quantity Posting constantly, posting the same message over or posting irrelevant content can cause follower fatigue. In a battle between quality and quantity, quality wins. As you build your online community, post relevant content. You’ll likely see an increase in views, likes and shares. Ask yourself if it’s helpful information and relevant to what the audience is looking for. No matter what you’re posting, check the analytics to determine which posts are most successful.
Social Media Management
“It takes discipline not to let social media steal your time.” These words of wisdom are from Alexis Ohanian, an Internet entrepreneur who co-founded the social news website Reddit.
Business owners are busy enough without getting tangled up in social media management. Some entrepreneurs might have the bandwidth to handle the ins and outs. If not, don’t give up. Task a person on your team with social media responsibilities or hire an outside professional. To help you find the right fit, review this article from the SmartBiz Blog: How to Hire a Social Media Strategist
This content was originally published here.